Our overall objectives are:
- To maintain Withdean Park with its variety of formal and semiwild habitats as an amenity for people and to preserve as broad a diversity of fauna and flora as possible
- To keep the general character of the Park as it has developed to date, while allowing for carefully managed change in response to changing priorities, demands and lifestyles
- To make it a park all people will want to visit throughout the year
- To provide better access for the disabled
- To maintain collections of plants of horticultural interest, particularly the lilacs which were once a National Lilac Collection
We try to work in the park on the second Sunday of each month from 10.00 until 1.00 or thereabouts, usually meeting amongst the lilacs themselves. Look out for our feather flag! Tools are provided, but wear sensible footwear and bring your own coffee.
All are welcome at our work mornings even if you can manage only some of the time. or, for a modest subscription, you could become a Friend. Drop us an email if you are interested.